EMRR began as a location recording service in 1993. I have produced many recordings at locations of the artists choosing,
including rehearsal spaces, nightclubs, living rooms, churches, and complete concert tours. I use transformer
coupled mic splitters, which are essential to good isolation from PA systems in live recording.
Please inquire if you think this might be the best option for your project.
A Sample of Remote Clients Includes:
Mighty Senators :: live club recording
- Alban Elved Dance
Co. :: live recording / theater music
- The Avett
Brothers :: EP and CD release, location recording of 'Four Thieves Gone' and new project.
- Seth Avett :: CD release, basic tracks recorded on location
- Big Mo Recording
Co. :: live recordings / gospel,
:: 2 CD releases and live recording
- Bus Stop :: live recording for video
- Didofare :: live recording of all-day concert and production of compilation CD featuring all artists
- Mitch Easter
:: studio and live recording as 2nd engineer
- Emma Gibbs Band :: live club recording
- The Face of Change / Innisfree ::
CD, and live recording
- First Presbyterian Church, Winston-Salem, NC ::
live recording of Christmas music service
- Bobby Gage
/ V4 Production Group :: live recordings
as 2nd engineer
- Glass Bead Project :: live
- Jet Crown Dixie :: CD release,
and live recordings
- Jive Turkee
:: live recording, demo mixing, upcoming
- Jmac Productions :: 4 live
gospel remote recordings as assistant engineer
- The Johnsons :: CD release,
and live club recordings
Matt Kendrick Unit :: TV broadcast
productions and remote recording
- Ladies Auxiliary :: live club recordings
- Last One Standing :: live club
- Jason LeVasseur
:: concert tour recording
- Life In General
:: 3 CD releases, and 2 concert tours
- Mad Tea Party :: location recording for upcoming release
:: live club recording
- Naked Angels :: multiple remote club recordings
- Pearl Merchant :: remote recording
- Running From Anna :: 2 CD releases,
and 2 live club recordings
- Sammy Walker
:: remote recording for upcoming release
On Location photos:
Avett family recording session
Scott and Jim Avett recording at home
Jim and Scott Avett hearing a playback
Avett family during recording at home
Doug monitoring recording at Avett home
Avett family listening to playback
Sammy Walker session at John C. Campbell Folk School
Sammy Walker session recording gear
Doug monitoring Jason LeVasseur remote in upstate NY
The Avett Brothers w/ Paleface during 'Four Thieves Gone'
Seth and Ian listening to a take; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Mixing 10-piece band with choir for live TV broadcast
drums by the kitchen; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Avett's and friends adding group vocals; 'Four Thieves Gone'
talking out a new arrangement; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Seth and Scott tracking; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Seth Avett recording solo album in garage